Select "Define Framework" on the left-hand side of your Strategy Planner, and you'll see the Goal Type editor. In the editor, you can change things at group level, or at item level. In the example below, "Scorecard" is the group, and "Financial" is an item.
At the group level, you can:
- Name or rename the group.
- Add a new item.
- Decide whether it is compulsory for someone creating a Goal to select an item from this group.
- Decide whether they can select one or multiple items from this group.
- Enable or disable this group - if you disable it, the group will not appear when people are creating or editing Goals.
At the item level, you can:
- Name or rename the item.
- Create a description of the item.
- Enable or disable the item - if you disable it, the group will not appear when people are creating or editing Goals.
- Delete this item. This will remove it from the list, and from any Goals to which it was attached (including archived Goals).
Re-purposing a Goal Type group or item
When you rename a Goal Type group or item, those changes will appear on any Goal to which the item is already attached, and in any new Goal or edit Goal screens from now on. So, if you change the item "Financial" to "Budget", any Goal that was tagged as "Financial" will now be tagged with "Budget".
Therefore, if you are completely re-purposing a Goal Type group or item, e.g. you don't want to use "Balanced Scorecard", you'd rather have "World Region", then you must delete the old items ("Financial" etc.) and create new ones (e.g. "Americas", "APAC", "EMEA"). You can rename the group itself as usual, as this is only a label.