One of the cool features about Cascade’s dashboards, is that you can embed them outside Cascade. Embedded Dashboards are included as part of our Enterprise package.
With Embedded Dashboards, you could choose to display a Cascade dashboard on your intranet or a plasma screen. Here are a few examples of how our awesome clients are using embedded dashboards:
- Displaying ‘Community’ goals on their intranet
- Displaying key strategy metrics on the staff intranet
- Displaying the strategic plan on a board member portal
- Displaying metrics for a particular department (e.g. The Customer Service team) on a plasma screen inside that department.
Note that due to the configuration of the Embedded dashboards they will not be able to retain any user-sensitive data for example the My Goals and My Tasks functionality of the Table and Multi-Goals widgets.
What we need from you:
What we'll need from you is the exact URL of where you'd like to host the Cascade dashboard on your intranet. We will also need to know which dashboard in Cascade you'd like to embed (the title will be enough). Once we have those two things, we'll send you an HTML file that is specifically authenticated for that domain.
- Firstly, build your dashboard in Cascade that you would like to embed.
- Then, decide where you would like the dashboard to appear on your intranet or portal.
- Once you let us know the name of the dashboard and the domain that you would like it to sit in, we'll put together an HTML file containing the code for the Embedded Dashboard.
- For security purposes, we'll send your Authentication Token to you through Cascade's in-app messaging so make sure that the person who will be setting up the dashboard on your side has a Cascade account.
- Once you've received the HTML file and the Authentication Token from us, you can combine the two and embed the code into your chosen page.
Most clients put the dashboard in an iframe on the page, either alongside other content on the page or taking up the entire page so that you can project it onto a screen.
The Embedded Dashboard can't access any of your internal systems but we do need to know exactly where it is located on your site so that we can whitelist the domain. For security reasons, Cascade only "takes calls from numbers it recognises", so we need to make sure that your dashboards call isn't blocked by our server.
Note that we do not suggest hosting your Cascade embedded dashboard on public-facing or other external websites as there is a significantly higher risk of someone getting read-only access to your non-private plan data.