One of the cool features about Cascade’s dashboards, is that you can embed them outside Cascade. Embedded dashboard is included in our Enterprise package.
- Displaying ‘Community’ goals on their intranet
- Displaying key strategy metrics on the staff intranet
- Displaying the strategic plan on a board member portal
- Displaying metrics for a particular department (e.g. The Customer Service team) on a plasma screen inside that department.
Limitation: Embedded dashboard will not be able to retain any user-sensitive data for example My Goals, My Tasks, My Team's Assessments etc.
What we need from you:
What we'll need from you is the exact domain of where you'd like to host the Cascade dashboard on your intranet. We will also need to know which dashboard in Cascade you'd like to embed (the title will be enough). Once we have those two things, we'll send you an HTML file that is specifically authenticated for that domain.
If you guys don't use domains on your intranet, we just need the COR (cross-origin requests work based on how the browser identifies the page, being the origin of the request. This is determined by what's used to load the page, be it a domain or IP address. If it's a domain then the origin will be the domain not the IP address/s that the domains resolve to or an explicit IP address.)
- We need to do some work at our end to provide you with that authenticated HTML file (but we need that domain first).
- Make sure that the person who will be embedding the dashboard has a Cascade account and full privilege (the link will be sent in-app)
- We provide you the html file and an authentication token to be added to the file, and you then use that html file on your end to embed in your chosen intranet page - most clients put it in an iframe on the page. Some clients embed it in an intranet page with other content, others make it the only thing on the intranet page so they can put it up on a screen. We don't need any access to any of your internal systems, as you will be hosting the page with the dashboard on it yourselves - the reason we need the URL of the page on which it will be hosted, is because we have to whitelist it. For security reasons, Cascade only "takes calls from numbers it recognises", and whitelisting is essentially like putting that page's address in Cascade's recognised list.The embedded dashboard on your web page is basically "logging in" to Cascade and calling for the data it needs to display (the authentication token is basically the login credentials to allow that), and the whitelisted URL is so that Cascade doesn't reject the request."
Note that we do not suggest hosting your Cascade embedded dashboard on external websites as there is a significantly higher risk of someone getting read-only access to your non-private plan data.