Creating Snapshots is a quick process. After building and saving a Snapshot with one of our templates, it can be generated at any time to show current information about the plan and/or goals it captures.
Template = Context
The Personal, Team, and Strategy templates are the most commonly used, but all of them will walk you through the same basic process.
- Personal: Goals owned by one or more specific people (your goals by default)
- Team: Goals owned by one or more manager and their direct reports (your team by default). Remember, "Team" only means "Direct Reports."
- Strategy: All goals in one or more specific strategic plans
- Org Unit: All goals, grouped by Org Unit (typically department - see here for more on Org Units)
- Weights: All goals grouped by weighting
- Goal: Run a report for specific goals in the system, or run a report for ALL goals in the system. This is also perfect for looking into all archived goals (read more).
Once you have a Snapshot template chosen, the next step is to clarify Secondary Grouping & Scope.