The notes widget allows you to write notes, add pictures, videos, links, and messages on dashboards. It is essentially a post it note that you can add on to your dashboard that allows you to embed different types of media on to Cascade.
To add a notes widget:
- Click on "add widget"
- Select the notes Widget
- Click and drag the bottom right corner to your desired size.
- Start typing!
- To add a hyperlink (we recommend linking some snapshots here) click anywhere on the widget and click on the link icon
- You can also add images, charts, and different formatting this way as well
- To change the title of the widget, click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the widget then the pencil icon
- To add a video, click on the gear icon and select "video" instead of note
To add images in the Notes widget:
- Download the image you want to embed as a JPEG
- Upload on google - https://photos.google.com/
- Create a shareable link from the image you just uploaded
- Put the shareable link into this website (https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/) which converts it to code we can embed in Cascade
- Paste the embed code into the photo button