To create a new dashboard, you first need to navigate to Track → Dashboards. Initially, Cascade will only have a basic personal dashboard available for you.
- To get started, click the dashboards drop-down menu in the top-right corner.
- Click "Add Dashboard" at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose whether to create a New Dashboard or to Clone an existing one (this will copy an existing dashboard exactly).
- Name your Dashboard. Now you're ready to bring it to life!
Once you've created your dashboard, you will have two buttons at the top:
- First is the Options button. This is where you can share your dashboard, or download it as a PDF once you have configured it. Just like with Snapshots, use this to make the dashboard available to anyone with a Cascade subscription. To create a public live dashboard, contact your Customer Success Manager (Cascade Enterprise subscriptions only).
- Next is the Widgets button. Just as Cascade prompts you in the middle of your dashboard, use this to get started with visualizations. There are a ton of widgets to choose from, each with their own custom settings available. If you're looking for examples of strong dashboards, use our Switch to Demo feature to quickly check some out. Just select each widget you want and then click "Add Widget."
Any given widget can be freely moved around a dashboard, copied, customized, or deleted using the buttons that appear in its top-right corner when you hover over it:
Widgets can also be resized by clicking and dragging the lower-right corners of them:
For more information on specific widgets, use the following links:
- Table Widget
- The Goals Widget
- The Multi-Goal Widget
- The Risks Widget
- The Tasks Widget
- The Updates Widget
- Contribution Widget
- Planner Widget
- Notes Widget
- Focus Area Completion Widget
- Values Widget
- RSS Feed Widget
- Heat Map Widget
Deleting a Dashboard
You can delete a Dashboard you own via the "Dashboards" drop-down menu at the top of the screen (cannot be done with Dashboards you don't own). Just click the trash can icon to the right of the title.
Rename a Dashboard
You can rename a Dashboard you own or co-own by clicking directly into its title:
To see some great examples of dashboards in Cascade, use our Switch to Demo option to work in your own sandbox version of our demo:
Example: "Weekly Team Meeting" Dashboard
Sharing a Dashboard
Note that you can only share dashboards that you own. To do this, simply go to the dashboard you wish to share and click "Options > Share" at the top of the screen:
Just like with Snapshots, you can easily clarify who specifically should have access to the dashboard or completely transfer ownership to someone else.
Once shared, users will be able to find the shared Dashboard in their "Dashboards" drop-down menu, but won't have the same edit rights unless they are flagged as a co-owner in the sharing process.
Note: Neither sharing nor transferring ownership will send a notification of any kind.
See below for a brief video summary of how to create a dashboard from scratch: